There are many beautiful places in French Polynesia: Bora Bora, Tahiti, the entire Society Islands group... But the Tikehau Atoll is perhaps the most beautiful.
Below are 14 reasons why people choose to live on on the Tikehau Atoll.
1) The central lagoon contains a greater variety of fish species than any other place in French Polynesia.
At 27km long and 19km wide, the Atoll is large enough to find seclusion but also small enough to catch up with everybody on the island.
3) The diversity around Tikehau is astounding. Also, there are a few clouds here, but for some reason the light blue/green ocean makes them look like friendly clouds...
4) The Atoll is home to about 300 permanent residents - many of whom work on Tikehau at the 'Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort'. Post-work relaxation is on a whole other level...
5) People there can surf every day in some of the clearest waters in the world.
6) 'Sandbar Parties' are a thing here.
7) Tikehau also has some of the best snorkeling and diving in French Polynesia.
8) The local resorts are breathtaking.
9) Sunsets here will make you believe in God.
10) This photo was taken on a Wednesday. Hammock naps are typical weekday events for everybody on the island.
11) If you live on Tikehau, this would be your backyard... not bad.